The G7 Security announced the release of the G7 Security iPhone Application, which provides cyber tools, latest News and dynamic content on Cyber Security from Global CERTS and various other related resources from around the world right to your iPhone and iPod touch models.
Available at the iPhone App Store, the G7 Security iPhone application allows users to take advantage of the advanced capabilities of the iPhone and iPod touch user interface.
“Our systems pull security centric web content and then parses, filters and mixes them to provide rich and highly relevant information. This complex algorithm is fine tuned for Cyber Security feeds,” said Mr. Abbas Mirza, founder and developer, G7 Security.
“Our new iPhone application provides Cyber Security Alerts in Real Time from the National Cyber Alert System that contains timely information about current security issues, vulnerabilities, and exploits. They outline the steps and actions that non-technical home and corporate computer users can take to protect themselves from attack,” Said Mr. Anzar Hasan, certified security professional and consultant, G7 Security Services.
Features of the G7 Security iPhone application include:
- Ping SRC by IP or Host Name
- Check to see if your server is up and running.
- Verify basic TCP/IP connection of your servers from another location then the location they are on. Being on the same network and “pinging” a box is no magic. But are you really visible from the outside?
- Verify your firewall is blocking ICMP packages.
- G7 – Whois Lookups
- Look-up for domain registrant data for all top-level domains (both generic and country-code types are supported, 158 TLDs in total), and also for IP whois look-ups.
- Global-CSIRT Locator – Locate Global CSIRTS on an integrated GPS enabled Google Map
- Real Time Cyber Security Activity
- Monthly Activity Summary Report
- CERT Security Alerts
- CERT Security Tips
- iSecurity Tweets
- Microsoft Security Response
- Microsoft Security Bulletins and Alerts
- Threat Level – Visual graphical image of current threat level based on Internet activity
- Incident Reporting – Report an incident to G7 Security
- Simple navigation – optimized for one-touch access and enhanced viewing
The G7 Security iPhone application syncs via Wi-Fi or the user’s cellular network and downloads the latest news directly to the device.
The G7 Security iPhone application also includes Cyber Security Bulletin with a summary of new vulnerabilities that have been recorded by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) National Vulnerability Database (NVD) in the past week. The NVD is sponsored by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) National Cyber Security Division (NCSD) / United States Computer Emergency Readiness Team.
Another G7 subject matter expert stated that “we further plan to classify and offer more types of information such as DNS attack method trends, incident response techniques, DNS spoofing issues, new attack trends and methods of related incidents and effective response methods.”
According to Robert Kivikoski, The G7 Security App is great and so very useful and the information you provide is of tremendous value.
Compatible with any iPhone or iPod touch with operating system version IOS 3.0, the application was designed by G7 Security and developed in cooperation with Arshnet Technologies and its development team. Android version is also available for download on Google Android Market.
About The G7 Security Company:
(Cyber Security Research and Global Information Security Services (Section 7))
G7 Security, a leading Cyber Security company. The Company’s core purpose is to enhance security and awareness, by creating, collecting and distributing high-quality news, information and defense against cyber attacks.
This press release can be downloaded from www.g7security.comG7 Security
Amanda Fox, Dallas, Texas USA
+1 (972) 454-9786